You may order our audio CD for $15 plus tax and shipping through PayPal
Our album features seven octaves of Schulmerich handbells, five octaves of Schulmerich MelodyChimes®, two lower octaves of Malmark Choirchimes®, and five octaves of Dutch Petit & Fritsen bells as accents.
Click the links to view video excerpts of selected pieces.
- Proclamation, the Philadelphia Handbell Ensemble’s signature commissioned piece by Michael Joy
- Festival Sanctus(link is external), by Cathy Moklebust
- Amazing Grace(link is external), arranged by Dean Wagner
- Litanies(link is external), by Eric F. Jones
- Nocturne in C Minor (“Moonlight”)(link is external), by Nancy Hascall
- Antiphonal Alleluias(link is external), by Hart Morris
- Aria, by Michael Helman
- Veritas (“Truth”), by Kathleen Wissinger
- Give Me Jesus, arranged by John A. Behnke, commissioned by the Philadelphia Handbell Ensemble in memory of Cynthia Drenth
- Wasn’t That a Witness for My Lord?, arranged by William G. Rose
- Rise Up Shepherds and Follow!(link is external), arranged by John A. Behnke
- Meditation on “Picardy”(link is external), arranged by Barbara Werner
- Greensleeves(link is external), arranged by Cathy Moklebust
- On This Day Earth Shall Ring(link is external), arranged by Fred Gramann
This album is dedicated in memoriam to Deborah Ann Heine, founding member of and past president of the Philadelphia Handbell Ensemble. Deb served as the co-chair of the American Guild of English Handbell Ringers for many years. She had the ability to see potential in everyone, and we are all better for what she did for us. Through her passion and love for handbells, we have become better handbell enthusiasts, ringers, and directors. Deb Heine passed away peacefully on Aug. 22, 2010, in Newtown, PA.
Total playing time: 63 minutes. Recorded at Trinity Lutheran Church, Perkasie, PA.